YOKOHAMA Foreign Residents Information Center
The Yokohama Foreign Residents Information Center provides consultations in 11 different languages to non-Japanese residents of Yokohama City. These consultations are free of charge.
The content of consultations is treated as strictly confidential.
You can also visit the center to find out about various other local activities, such as international exchanges, volunteer activities, and support for non-Japanese residents.
Consultations can be made through an interpreter, as well as over the phone or using a tablet.
The Center can also put you through to ward offices etc. for consultations.
- Daily life consultations: Consultations and information covering all aspects of life in Yokohama
- Phone interpreting: Assistance over the phone for when you want to make an inquiry or reservation at your ward office, etc.
- Interpreter dispatch: Dispatch and introduction of volunteers to ward offices, etc. (free, but charges may apply in some cases)
- Specialist consultations: Legal consultations, consultations on visas and residency status, consultations concerning education, etc. (free)
- Translation of certificates: English translation of family registers and resident certificates (fee applies)
Yokohama Foreign Residents Information Center(外部網站)
Available languages: Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Nepali, Indonesian, Tagalog, Thai, Portuguese, Spanish
Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. (reception until 4:30 p.m.)
2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. (reception until 12:30 p.m.) *Only Japanese, English, Chinese, and Spanish available on Saturdays
Legal consultations: 1st Thursday of the month, 1 p.m.-4 p.m. (each session lasts 45 min.)
Education consultations: 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month, 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Where to inquire
|About the Yokohama Foreign Residents Information Center||General Affairs Division, International Affairs Bureau (*Inquiries in Japanese only)|
Email: [email protected]